From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Rodney.
Sent: Sunday, October 06, 2002 2:53 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-List] Stereo question.

Hey Herb,

I don't think a cap will prohibit this "thump" sound from happening.  My understanding of a cap is that it "stores" power so that when you hit a deep bass note, it'll hit with full force or power.  You're obviously getting enough power to make this "thump" sound so you shouldn't need more power from a reserve storage of power.  If anything that'll make the "thump" sound stronger.    The cap is usually for a problem like your when your headlights dim at night when deep bass notes are played.  The normal power from the battery runs the headlights (and everything else) at a consistent power level and then the deep bass note uses the normal power plus whatever reserve power is stored in the cap.

To stop this "thump" you have I think you're looking for something like this  http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/STISPSON

Rodney.
71 Chevelle
El Mirage, AZ