Steve,
  Since my 69 has the interior completely out, I thought I would stroll
to the garage and answer your question. Mine is a factory original,
unmolested 4 spd. car. Hole size 2 5/8 by 7 3/4. Hole is rectangular and
centered on top of the hump. 69 and 70 humps and consoles (give or take
a few cosmetics on the console) are the same, so it sounds like your in
business.

Trooper