"original" is a tough word - in the true sense it's something that was been
untouched since it was made.  A more forgiving term "restored to original"
leaves the opportunity refurbish to maintain the original look.  Taking
something and modifying to look like something else is our familiar "clone"
term or replica.  Some people are fine with this - it's a knock off of the
real thing, but passing it off as the real thing is where the problem lies.
There is a certain value to knowing "this is what it looked like when it
rolled off the line".  An entire Model A can be built out of a catalog, but
it wouldn't  be right to call it a "survivor"?.

Back to point - to many people get screwed by misrepresented cars.

Krister Meister
Bartlett, IL
'66 SS #'s matching

                    "rick"

                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        To:
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    Sent by:                      cc:     (bcc: Krister
Meister/PBU/Nsk-Corp)
                    owner-chevelle-list@che       Fax to:

                    velles.net                    Subject:     Re: [Chevelle-List]
Another Ebay LS6

                    10/29/2002 09:05 AM

                    Please respond to

                    chevelle-list

Craig,

You have a very good point there.  We all try to look for that originality
but then we spent mega bucks for repairs over the years and we still claim
"original".

Sad but true...