----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2002 6:55 AM
Subject: Re: Re: [Chevelle-List] tune up

> How about leaving the key in the "accessory" position?

Brad beat me to the answer but yes the key in the "accessory" position would
be fine as the Pertronix would not be energized.  I would check your power
source for the Pertronix with the key in the "accessory" position to be sure
it's not hot though to be safe.  Also the Pertronix instructions are pretty
clear but do keep in mind the Pertronix likes a full 12 volts.  Example :
Not off the output side of a ballast resistor or resistor wire.
They do have a web site too.  I don't recall the address but I'm sure you
can find it with a word search on Pertronix.
Bob