I believe they do that whenever possible, but I know for a fact that
sometimes the only way is to use a "healthy" panel to create a foam mold
from, and then use the foam "imprint" to create a die for a new panel.
Either way, the new panel has to be test-fitted. I was just wondering if
somebody (who is not in a hurry for their restoration) could get some free
panels by volunteering the test-fit car.

John Nasta