See here for GM conversion package prices:
http://www.5speedtransmissions.com./gm_3550_package.html
Basically, the 5speed choices are $1675 & $1975.  The latter is the TKO
rated at
525 ft/lbs.

Yes, the 5sp is an OD with a .68 5th!

Yes, similar toploader shifter as the T56.  See pics here
http://www.5speedtransmissions.com./pro50shifter.html

Feel free to ask all the questions you want.  :-)   And be sure to
remind me
you're a TC member if you place an order for a discount.

And feel free to contact me privately, or toll free at (866) 441-8699

Clint Hooper wrote:

> How much would a Tremec 5spd trans cost me,Mike? Is its 5th gear an OD gear
> or 1:1? Does it use the same type of shifter set-up as the T56?  Sorry for
> asking so many questions but I'm really interested in using one of these
> behind a 502".
> Clint Hooper
> LT5 Registry Director
> Wichita Falls,Tx
> (940) 855-6636
> '91 ZR-1 Callaway Aerobody
> TX TAGS: USA ZR1
> http://www.LT5Registry.net/
> '69 El Camino Pro Street

  Check out my webpage at http://www.ProStreetCar.com
  and my For Sale page at http://www.ProStreetCar.com/classifieds.html
  TREMEC Distributor at http://www.5speedTransmissions.com
  Team Chevelle member #1778 (Gold),  ACES member #1377