From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of
Don
Sent:
Saturday, December 28, 2002 3:04 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-List] Thrust bearing failure

Bill,

Check the oil pump carefully. It must be seated properly.

Also I'd have the crank "mic'd" to ensure that it hasn't been turned. If it has, you have to have the proper undersize bearings or they'll go out everytime. It also may need to be turned if it's out of round or has any rough spots. Both will cause bearing failure.

Another thing is check the end play of the crankshaft with all bearings installed. If the crank is moving back & forth it'll kill the thrust bearing.

These are just some ideas, hope they help.

Don

Thanks for the input. I checked out your suggestion. I was hoping I might find what you describe…no such luck.

Bill