In a message dated 1/16/2003 3:15:25 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> I have been thinking about adding a 125 H.P. nitrous set up to my 64. Will I have to
>upgrade my fuel pump to an electric or larger manual? As of now I have a stock G.M.
>pump. None of the adds in Jegs say anything about a bigger pump but I'm sure I read
>somewhere that it was necessary. Any ideas? thanks
> Vernon

Vernon;
a bigger pump would be a great idea for nitrous. also a fuel pressure gauge so you
could keep an eye on the pressure when you hit the button.  what size engine do you
have?? is it in good condition?? because the nitrous will stress the engine. also the
timing needs to be reset, i have the specs at home. let me know if you need them. i
love this stuff!
also a surge tank would be a good idea with a nitrous system, i am currently building
my own. a ready made unit is available from herbert perf. for 175.00 (??) i used to
have a v8 s10 with a 355 in it, mostly stock, it would run 14.5 in the quarter, with
the nitrous set up it would run 13.2 (loved blowing away the mustangs) i had the same
unit on that vehicle as you mentioned above. on that vehicle the fuel pressure would
drop down to about 2 lbs when the button was hit with a stock manual fuel pump. i
think the manual ones are more reliable for the street and i think you can get one
that will put out enough or the same as an electric (it is possible they have improved
the electrics lately, maybe some one on the list has one- this was about 2 yrs ago
when i checked). if you do not use a surge tank, you may need bigger fuel lines,
depending on your engine size & horseeees!!
"pushbutton H"