Ken...

If you already have the 383 why not pull it and see what it will take to get her back into shape. 383's are fun motors for street cruisers IMO cause of the torque. Street-ability is pretty individual. Buit generally it is the parts you choose that will make it or break it. What type of heads do you have? The number one problem I have seen over time is too big of cam and too much carb... like everyone says. Tell us you current combo and let's see what we can work out for you.

Mikey

----- Original Message -----
From: Ken's Email
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2003 8:40 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Chevelle-List] Best all around "driver" engine for 67 Chevelle Malibu

I need opinions on what the best "driver" crate engine is for my 67 Chevelle Malibu. I currently have a 383 Stroker engine that was previously in a Nova and raced. It is having oil pressure problems and I am thinking is not the best "streetable" engine. If it has bearing problems or is a "loose" engine, by the time you diagnose and repair, you have added up the bucks. I don't race and merely want a nice daily driver or cruising vehicle with a strong engine. Maybe add a nice cam for a lumpy idle but not too radical (e.g., would a 268 H cam be a good choice ?).

Any thoughts or input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ken McDee

Do you Yahoo!?