-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Tom Tomlinson
Sent: Saturday, June 14, 2003 10:40 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Chevelle-List] Timing tab question

Yes, the tab looks like an aftermarket tab since it's chrome. I didn't
install it, I'm just trying to figure out what's on the car when I
bought
it. It could be for an 8" damper; which would put the tab about .75
inches
from the balancer. Still pretty far away.

However, Brad sums up my basic question. Does the timing tab show
degrees of
crank rotation, or degrees of distributor rotation? I always thought the
timing specs were degrees of crank rotation. I'm reading articles on how
mark degrees on your balancer so you can check total timing advance, and
these degrees are crank rotation. It seems like the degrees you mark on
the
balancer should be the same as the timing mark. Mine would be off by a
factor of two.

Tom