From: Dave Studly [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 7:07 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Chevelle-List] Anti sway bar (removed?)

I have the big bar on my '70.  I believe it might be 1 1/4" on the
F-body
cars, and 1 1/8" on A-body cars if it came that way from the factory.
Don't
quote me on that.  I bought a 2nd-Gen F-body bar off eBay.   The
improvement
in handling (and more specifically, less body roll) is drastic.  I love
it.

However, I think your car needs to be in the 11s before a sway bar could
really hurt your straight line performance (more specifically, hindering
weight transfer).  Unless you trailer your car to the track, I wouldn't
recommend disconnecting the sway bar.

As for the sideways motion, Lahar, I think that's called a powerslide..
:)
(or bad bushings)

-Dave