I noticed a few people asking what the favorite penetrating solutions are out there for removing frozen parts, and I wanted to tell everyone about my all- time best product.

I have worked in industrial maintenance for over 25 years and in the early 1980s was introduced to the Kano line of chemicals ( www.Kanolabs.com/ ).  Up to that point, I was forced to use whatever penetrating oil the company stockroom girl bought that month.  But a salesman left us a sample of their KROIL  and I have been forever sold on several of their products.  I started buying their stuff in gallons or 5 gallon containers for use in my garage.

The best oil for loosening any corroded/stuck part is KROIL.  It is promoted as being able to reach into the smallest openings to start helping get the part out.  I found it was very helpful to add some heat, if possible, to speed things along.  But on a restoration job, I might just keep reapplying over a few days to keep the heat off the part.

Other stuff I have used from KANO of liked include:

Kreen engine cleaner
Glit Glass Cleaner
SiliKroil (Kroil w/silicone)-don't use this stuff if painting is in the future!
Micriol precision oil
Exrust

Most items can be ordered in small spray cans but I tend to buy the engine cleaner and  penetrating oils in gallon or 5 gallon containers to save a few dollars!
Their website has more details and has a great Maintenance Ideas section.

Hope this is of some help, maybe save a knuckle or two!

Steve E.
ACES #5494
68 Chevelle SS