Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2003 3:58 PM
Subject: [Chevelle-List] thermostat recommendations?

Howdy..
On the way to a show the other day, my car got up to about 220°F. I think the current thermostat is a 210°F unit...
This was in stop and go traffic on a high 80's, low 90's type of day...
I am running the stock 5 blade fan, and a full shroud. It is a 1971 El Camino 350 engine.. in a 1964 Impala
Is this a common operating temp for this motor?
What do you all commonly do to reduce the temp... I used water wetter in my Mustang, and it seemed to work OK, but it could have been the placebo effect...

Thanks people!

Dan McIntosh
Pavement Scraping 1964 Impala SS
http://www.alloldchevy.com