Hey guys,

I bought a 12 bolt rear for my '66 Malibu and can't find a 7 digit code on the axle tube anywhere. The only number I can see  is on the small triangular pad at the bottom left of the diff. Those numbers are C216. I took the cover off and counted the teeth and it's a non-posi 3.31. The guy told me the rear came out of a 65 and should bolt right up to the 66 but I want to be sure before I spend a bunch of time cleaning the thing! The numbers almost jive with the reference I have that says it would be a 65-67 12 bolt 3.31 but the code is incomplete.

Thanks

TC #1921
ACES #5880