Keep the 57,you already have a kick ass 67.This way you have a "new style" car that is still almost 40 years old and an "old style" car ,when you are in the mood for 50,s cruising that will  be a half century old in less than 4 years.Nice problem to have.
                             Grant
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, July 04, 2003 5:09 AM
Subject: [Chevelle-List] Strange Dilemma= which to keep vs. which to sell

This may sound like a lame question, but rambling thoughts on too many classic cars causes me to ask opinions about selling one (or even two):

- I have a 67 Chevelle SS, 67 Chevelle Malibu, and 57 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe

a. I have to sell at least one of these vehicles.

b. The 67 Chevelle SS is matching numbers and completely restored so it stays. Appraised at 32K. But, you would not want to use as a daily driver.

c.  The 67 Chevelle Malibu has a 383 stroker, headers, and in great condition. New gas tank, new radiator. Engine good condition. Little rust. A good driver. Not a show car.Brakes have to be upgraded. Interior original and new headliner and carpeting. Great
condition. Has powerglide trans. Can be upgraded to 350 turbo. Underneath of car has the classic rust coating they used in 60's and 70's. Sounds loud and proud. Carter Carb,
nice stereo system. Alarm.

d.  The 57 Chevy has original 283 engine and powerglide trans. Re-done interior, power steering and front disc. brakes, new gas tank, new radiator. Needs new trunk pan, and
2 new inner fender wells. Needs frame to be sandblasted. Needs to have engine bay and
hood to also be sandblasted. Not a show car, but a good cruiser.

So between the 67 Chevelle Malibu and 57 Chevy which one would you keep. The 57 Chevy probably has more value than the 67 Malibu. I love the way the 67 Malibu handles
but guidebooks indicate value is much less than a 67 SS--or even a 57 Chevy.

Well, again, lame question. But, one has got to go.

Thoughts ?

Happy 4th July.

K McDee

Do you Yahoo!?