At 05:24 PM 7/28/2003 -0500, you wrote:
 I'm sure someone must know about these
steel fender well staples, I tried a chevy dealership with no luck. I'm
pretty sure any 69-72 Chevelle would have these dust covers over the
control arms. I have an assembly manual here with pictures of the
staples and their placement, It just doesn't say how to go about
stapling them on. Its my best guess to pilot drill the holes for the
staples.

I went to Home Depot and bought a roll of 19ga galvanized wire. It's a lot easier to bend than the staples, and holds just as well. Be sure that you paint the holes when you drill the fenders or you will have a potential starting place for rust.

BL