From: Don [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, July 30, 2003 11:31 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Chevelle-list] 69 SS stuff

Sarge,

I have the same manual and I never noticed that before, but there it is!  Yes, this 5-digit code is the first 5 numbers of the VIN.  But it doesn't list a different number for a '69 SS convertible, wonder why?  We all should keep in mind that Chevrolet probably didn't keep very good records back then.

Don

'69 Chevelle

home.carolina.rr.com/donallen