From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of Clint Hooper
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 4:12 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Trans cooler

I ran just a big auxiliary cooler on my 40 F*rd coupe streetrod with built L98 engine,TH350 trans,and Halibrand QC rear. Ran the car that way for over six years without any problems. Not convinced you need to change the radiator.
 The trans builder's credibility took a big hit when he said you wouldn't see a difference in fuel mileage with an OD trans. BS. My 91 Chevy 1/2 ton truck will get 15mpg on the road using Drive only. Using 4th,it will get 20mpg. My former 68 Elky with 468"BB went from 10mpg to almost 16mpg after I installed the 700R4. My present 69 Elky went from 16mpg to over 20mpg when I swapped out the 4spd for the 6spd.