I finally get the Flowmaster American Thunder kit welded up and installed today. It really sounds sweet. I also had installed a set of Hedman headers, you know, the cheap kind that you have to paint. I didn't want to put a lot of money in the headers because I have a small block and plan on swapping it out in a year or so with a big block. Anyway, I had stripped those headers down to metal even though I bought them new. I used isopropyl alcohol to clean the bare metal. I painted them with Eastwood Header paint. They had dried for about a week and then I put a second coat on. I put the headers on about a week later and were on the car for a few weeks before today. My son and I took the Elky out for a drive to break in the new pipes. When we got back and popped the hood we noticed that the paint was peeling with lots of bare metal showing. What'd I do wrong? I'm ready to go back out, pull 'em and fix what I did wrong.

Larry

72 El Camino