Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2003 5:56 PM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] intake mounted engine lift device

I've used them for years now, even to pull a BBC with iron heads.  So far, no problems. (yes, with alum intakes).

Seems crazy, I know......   I still avoid being close to the engine just in case that intake gives.  :-)

Dan McIntosh wrote:

Has anyone ever used one of these things? They attach to the carb mounting flange, and you hook your lift to it to pull the engine out..I'm just wondering how much weight I can really hang off of my Edelbrock aluminum intake manifold.If they work good, then I'll make one up, if not, I'll have to figure some other method. Thanks all.. Dan McIntosh
Pavement Scraping 1964 Impala SS
http://www.lowriderimpala.com

--
  Check out my webpage at http://www.ProStreetCar.com