The definition of Daily Transportation is the key. It can mean transporting you everyday or it could mean transporting your over your daily route. I have always been told that driving to work is prohibited use. I also know from 25 years experience in the insurance business that the actual written contract over rules conversations. The seriousness of the accident is going to dictate the response from the insurance company and whether they hang in there with you or hang you out to dry. Food for thought!!!  If you are going to drive it to work, I would switch to a company that says it is ok in writing and enjoy driving the car to work once in a while.
Alex
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of Tom Tomlinson
Sent: Friday, September 26, 2003 4:22 PM
To: The Chevelle Mailing List
Subject: RE: [Chevelle-list] car insurance

I'll take a look, but I guess it depends on the definition of daily transportation. I put 1500 miles a year on the car, it's not driven 1/2 the year. I don't drive it daily. My daily driver gets 10k miles a year. Therefore I don't consider it used for daily transportation. Yes, occasionally I drive it 5 miles to work.  No one at Hagerty ever asked me about going to work, so I can honesty say I answered the question honestly.

If this is not appropriate, then maybe I should switch, but I still don't see where it says you can't drive it to work once and a while.

Tom