In a message dated 10/7/2003 8:39:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Many are the question of the amateur.....

I have my 66 down to bare metal with most of the body work done.
Can I have it primered or do it myself to keep it from rusting?(will the primer seal it?)
What kind of primer should one use?
Can you use spoting putty on top of primer?
Thanks guys!

If the car is in a garage (assuming it is) just use some cheapo spray can primer.  If you plan on doing the bodywork yourself, go to an automotive paint supply store and get a 2 part epoxy primer, shoot the whole car with it and then do your bodywork.  The bondo sticks to it better than bare metal.
I left my 69 in the garage in bare metal form for a few months and it never rusted.

Tom