I read in Car Craft a couple of years ago that if the car will sit for awhile with just primer, You don't want to use a lacquer. Lacquer will absorb moisture over time. Especially in the winter. Use an epoxy primer. The link below is about restoring a Morgan. Pay attention to the last paragraph. Hope that helps you to decide.
Rich
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2003 9:00 PM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] bare metal( will primer seal from rusting?)

Is that to say that I dont need to spray a sealer type primer (epoxy primer?) to keep it from rusting?

What about what they call metal prep?

I thought I would be able to work any small imperfections out after the sealer type prime was on? Is that true?

Can you recomend any good readings on this?
Thanks again for all your help!