Just a thought, but I recently read of a car being stolen from a left
coast car show where the owner had taken the coil wire off as he was
touring the show field.  Someone simply stole a coil wire from another
car, put it on his and drove off...a $30,000 56 Nomad.

Personally, I like a fuel shutoff valve or a separate switch for an
electric pump.  It may allow the thief to get a block or two but then
stalls and dies.  Ususally they'll leave the car where it sits.  If
they're really after your car, they'll simply put it on a rollback and
be done with it.

Dale McIntosh