-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Graham Wooden
Sent: 11. januar 2004 00:03
To: 'The Chevelle Mailing List'
Subject: [Chevelle-list] Wow - Engine runs but leaks from head gasket
:^(

Hi Folks,

Well, this day finally happened - the motor fired right and up and ran!
Unbelievable; it was truly amazing to see it in action, after it being
on
the engine stand for 2+ years now.
I really wanted to hear the gear-drive, but with open headers, it's a
tad
hard ;-)
However after about 6 minutes or so breaking in the cam, 2 leaks started
and
I cut off the motor.

A leak developed in the fuel pump, where the bottom half (swivel) gasket
started to leak. Kind of typical I guess of a cheap two-piece unit.

Another leak started with the head gasket; at the front end, in-between
the
head & block - little coolant started to leak out, which brings to the
point
of this email.  Is this normal - after the engine has warmed up for the
first time and all?  I guess since things start to expand and what-not.
Does the head gaskets need to be re-torqued?

Oh, by the way, John Nasta mentioned a while back about a tool from K-D
Tools, a "portable ignition system".  If you can locate one, I would
highly
recommend it.  It's completely rad!  The engine can start and run
without
the car's ignition system hooked up.  I got one from eBay for about
$25.00.

Anyhoo, thanks for any help!

-Graham.
http://projectchevelle.com/