In a message dated 2/6/2004 7:32:16 AM Central Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I like the 327, don't get me wrong. But I would clean
it up and save it for the next owner. The quality of
castings and metalurgy convinced me to get to the
venerable 350. Nothing beats displacement. You could
destroke a 350 into a smaller 327-ish motor if you
wanted.
my 2p's worth.

how about going with a 400- ? when i brought my 350 in to have it rebuilt, my erngine builder told me "why do you want to mess around with that"? he had a 400 block there that he sold me for 50.00 and now i have an internally balanced 406 (455 horse on the dyno) - i also once brought a 302 F%$D in and he did the same thing- i now have a 351 (357)