Gary, I guess I would rip out and dis assmeble the 327 to see what kind of shape it is in. If it needs much more then a hone job it may very well be a money saver to just buy a GM performance 350, then sell your 327. If it is a vette block it probably has decent value if you can find the right buyer. A 350 would give you more power and one from GM is total plug and play.

Now I'm not against your 327 at all... I just know myself and a few other here know what it costs to go through a motor. The head you have are probably pretty good but most likely you will want them to be freshened (seal and valve job). Maybe have the radi's cleaned up and a lillte misc port work too while they are in there. Regards you will be looking at about 250-500 bucks depending who does the work.

Cleaning the block and what not will probably set you back a hundred... if you need to bore it you will shell out about another 75-100 for that, plus yoou will need to buy pistons (see your speed shop for prices of what you want), then if it needs to be line honed that is more cash... if the crank needs to be reground or cleaned up... more cash.

Have a machine shop press on the new pistons. You will need a rebuild kit with oill pump, gaskets, timing chain, etc. Another 5 or so... then do you want/need a new cam? lifters? springs?Then either you are them has to do the assembly.

In the end it can cost a lot. If you are planning to have a shop do the work ask them for a quote once the motor is apart. You may find getting a crate 350 will give you more power and save you money. Just my $.02 worth. Good Luck.

Mikey

Find great local high-speed Internet access value at the MSN High-Speed Marketplace. http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200360ave/direct/01/