Wayne,
I liked the area when I was out there. Lots of history
to the area, including Tombstone. Tombstone is a pure
tourist trap but I thought it was fun.
Fort Huachuca (pronounced Waa-chooka) was the home of
the Buffalo Soldiers and they have a little museum
that is self guided and takes no more than an hour to
see.
If the wife likes turquoise she will be in the right
area. Lots of turquoise shops and I found them to be
relatively cheap.
There is also a great Mexican restaurant, whose name
escapes me, on the main drag. All the locals should
know the name. Its a family run place.
Play tourist, have fun!
kevin d

http://www.pr.state.az.us/Parks/parkhtml/kartchner.html