Hi!

I just got a 305 TPI from a wrecker, and I've found some casting and stamping numbers in the block and heads.

On the bellhousing flange, driver's side, cast in, is GM 5.0 LG and near it is B207. Does this translate to mean 305 cid/5.0 liters, cast Feb. 20th, 1987? If so, what does the 'G' mean?

On the passenger's side of the bellhousing flange is cast 14099627.

Stamped into a pad on the passengers side of the front of the block are VO223 SFL in large, evenly-spaced type, below which is 2HL220005. The third character is poorly stamped, so that might also read as 2HV220005.

The heads are cast with 14101081.

Can someone help me with decoding these markings, please?

Thanks,
Dave.
--
www.swingvictoria.com