I mounted mine on the firewall with the rubber mounts. (right above the heater box) If you drill the right size hole, they will screw in there and stay solid.  Mine has been mounted this way for 3 years.

But I think the wheel well would be ok too, as long as you keep it high up on the wheel well.  Heat shouldn't be an issue there.

-Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, February 22, 2004 7:24 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Chevelle-list] MSD box location

Folks
where is the best place to mount a msd box on a 66 velle? It is the 6al with rubber mounts for shock. On the firewall it is too  difficult to get in back of it to screw the nuts on. It is'nt like the regular 6 with self tapping screws because of the rubber absorbers. would it be OK to mount it on the wheel well? Would that be too close to heat? Need Help, Thanks
John H. 66