With the timing set to 7 degrees ATDC, you're not even starting the
combustion process until the piston is starting to move down the cylinder.
The motor should feel pretty lazy.

If you suspect your light is bad, try another light first.  Or, try your
light on a buddy's motor who knows about where his timing is.

-Dave