From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dale McIntosh
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2004 3:49 PM
To: 'The Chevelle Mailing List'
Subject: RE: [Chevelle-list] For Sale: 1967 SS Sport Coupe ~ GR8PMKN

Well, you're probably right that the car couldn't be built for $28K even with a starter car. I thought I'd give anyone on TC and the mailing list first crack though. If nothing happens in a few days, I'll put it up on eBay with a $28K-$30K reserve and see what happens.

No definate plans for the Elky - still playing with some ideas. Probably go with a small block this time and keep it pretty sedate unless I find a deal on a big block setup.  It'll still be a driver with creature comforts such as A/C, P/S, etc and a different-than-most paint scheme.  It will be visually striking and not a (dare I say without offending purists) a run-of-the-mill Marina Blue or Bolero Red.  :*)  Pretty colors, but I'm into making something different.  Right now I'm leaning toward a two-tone scheme, something like an apricot/copper hue over silver/gray.

I haven't kept up with small block advancements so all the LSx and LTx engines designations are still alphabet soup up to me. Wouldn't mind finding a late model Z28 with a TPI and automatic that's been wrecked or pretty well neglected to pull engine/trans from. I don't know what engine/trans combos came in what years so I'm starting to research/learn. Haven't decided if the 'WOW' factor is worth the hassle of the new engines over a crate Ram Jet 350 for example. Anyone care to elaborate, off-line?

Dale McIntosh
TC Gold #92/ACES #1709/NECOA #41
67SS/67 Elky
DalesPlace  My 67 SS and 67 El Camino
ChevelleStuff  Decoding info on 64-72 Chevelles
MidwestChevelles  Midwest Chevelle Show Information