I did mean seats, and realized my error after the first answer came back.
This guy was negative about everything.  My six year twins were actually
behaving so I could not break away from all the "sky is falling" stories
and about his rust problems on his Mercury Parklane - so in a sense he's a
F*rd guy and it showed.

Thanks for the info everyone!

Krister

                      "Tigergutt"
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>           To:       "'The Chevelle Mailing
List'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                      Sent by:                        cc:
                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]        Fax to:
                      evelles.net                     Subject:  RE: [Chevelle-list]
Fuel / Lead additives

                      07/06/2004 04:10 PM
                      Please respond to The
                      Chevelle Mailing List

I wouldn?t worry much about the holes in the pistons that could be
caused by detonation because of low octane, I don?t think that can
happen because of lead. From what I have been reached the only thing
that could happen are burned valve seats but I do agree on your theory
about the heat cycles hardening the material.

And I think you mean hardened seats, not hardened guides right ??

I'd just drive it as is until the rebuild

Full Revs!!!
:o)
André