Ok, I have a question...

Asking this is probably asking who to vote for in the next election, but
what size carb do you think I should run...

I am hopefully going to install my 502HO engine in the next month.
I emailed Holley, and I emailed Demon for their opinion.  What I thought
would be the deciding factor as both appear to know what they are doing
ended up making me more fustrated.
Holley says 850 Vacuum Secondaries with choke.
Demon says 750 Vacuum Secondaries with choke.

http://www.gmgoodwrench.com/perfparts/images/parts/pdf/12568778.pdf

That is the engine specs, and cam information in the link above.

I'm torn.  I guess it's a guy thing, and of course I want an 850 (bigger is
better right? LOL) , but I remember my Father-In-Law's 383 ran much stronger
off the line with a 600cfm (loaner) carb than the 670 street avenger we put
on.

This car will be an occasional drag strip car, so take that into account.
Also I live in Louisiana, which tends to be very hot and humid most of the
year.

Here's a CFM calculator that supports the 750
http://www.smokemup.com/auto_math/airflow.php

But a few issues back of chevy rumble magazine, they had a 'drag formula'
that slightly overcompensated and usually produced a number over 850 for
this engine.  Who knows???

Thanks
Charles
Check out my 502 powered '65 Malibu Super Sport Project
http://www.65ss.com