sounds like it might be one tooth off of the dist.

Mark Wilkinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Help! I had an HEI put in my 65 by Shade Tree Inc. at first it had one Pop through the carb, then another, then it got so bad I can not drive it and had it towed. If I cover the secondary with my hand (risking fire) and through it wide open it will not back fire. I pulled the manifold and replaced the new gaskets, and the carb gaskets. I guess I will put the old point distributor in next, what the Chevelle Hell is going on with my Baby? Who out there has gone through this, and what did you do? Mahalo from Maui, Mark

Do you Yahoo!?