From: "Jon Bongiorno" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> OK.. now that we have the SB to BB thing figured out.  What am I gonna
> need to look out for changing the straight 6 to a SB in my Girlfriend's '64???

The 230 will bolt to any tranny a SB mounts to.
You can use the flexplate. I think the convertors are difeerent. The starters are
similar but different in the brace from starter motor housing to block.
The PG's themselves are different however. There's a difference in the gear ratio,
clutch pack, some sixes have holes in bellhousing for cooling. A six cylinder PG might
not hold up well behind a 350. (a turbo 350 is an easy swap though)
To go from six to eight or vs versa you need the proper motor mounts, radiator(and
filler panel for V8), engine harness, throttle and kickdown linkages, PS hoses,
exhaust.
Probably missing something.

Pete Geurds
Douglassville, PA