Thanks Dale/John.  Now I just have to figure out whether to replace my old regulators completely or use the autoloc kit.

Matt

At 03:23 PM 7/20/2004, you wrote:
Matt,

They do come with plastic caps that either snap into the door panel holes or snap over the regulator itself, I can't remember which.  Since I had the door panels built from scratch I would have had no use for them and they'd probably be black in color.

As long as you tuck the motor inside the door itself, the loop mechanism will fit behind the stock panel.  If you're going to replace the door panels anyway, I've heard that replacements come with no holes at all just in case you have factory power windows so you can cut either hole.

If you look here - http://www.autoloc.com/detail.lasso?itemid=pw3900 - you'll see some little, what appear to be, black caps for the regulator/panel.  I see they have listed again the express up/down units again for $40.  I had those on both fronts of the Chevelle and they're nice.

Dale McIntosh
TC Gold #92/ACES #1709/NECOA #41
DalesPlace  My 67 El Camino
ChevelleStuff  Decoding info on 64-72 Chevelles
MidwestChevelles  Midwest Chevelle Show Information

One month FREE spam protection at www.cloudmark.com
1c3413a.gif

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Matthew Post
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2004 11:43 AM
To: The Chevelle Mailing List
Subject: RE: [Chevelle-list] 69 Chevelle Power Windows

Hey Dale,

I just returned from vacation, so I just saw your post.  So with this Autoloc kit, can you use the factory door panels?  Would you just put a "cap" of some sort where the window crank hole is?  This kit seems like an easier, non-permanent solution to add power windows!  My windows mechanisms are already out, so I was thinking about changing the x-frames like your link below, but this kit seems like a good option.

Thanks,
Matt

"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" xmlns:o = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:w = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word">
No problem :*).  Most factory power windows use a direct motor to raise/lower the x-frame like http://www.dalesplace.com/forsale/image2.jpg.  This kit in my 67 hardtop is by Autoloc (Spal) and it simply slides over the existing manual mechanism.  Saves a ton of time and work since the mechanism doesn't have to be removed from the door like the factory (or replacement in my link).  I 'could' rework the factory handles and put them back and watch them spin around but then it'd wear out the door panel coverting AND somebody would try manually cranking them and break the unit.  Another nice thing about the SPAL units is you can remove them easily, put the handle back on, and manually control the windows.

Dale McIntosh
TC Gold #92/ACES #1709/NECOA #41
GR8PMKN FOR SALE
DalesPlace  My 67 SS and 67 El Camino