Hey Matthew,
You have a similar engine to mine, and I started with a 850 DP, and
switched back to 770 Holley street Avenger with vaccuum adv (single
pumper).   I'm much happier with the 770, but did notice a HP loss at
higher RPM.

Your question should be answered by  your intended usage of the car.
Do you want/need every last bit of HP?  and are you willing to
sacrifice some performance and/or fuel economy for that last bit?
My answer was 'no', and I prefer the more street friendly 770
(however, I didn't spend much time trying to improve the 850 DP).

Also, Desktop Dyno is not a fair tool to use due to it's known bug of
(more CFM = more HP).  It WILL show more HP for every CFM you add.
You should see what your engine will produce with a 2500cfm carb!  :-)

Good luck,
Mike