Not sure if plugs are cool on this list but I am in Dallas and I and a LOT of the custom/rod  bunch around here go through Wally Smith at Smith Insurance Agency in Plano.  1-888-465-3467 or 972-424-5541.

I think he specializes in classic and race car insurance and the rumours are good ones. He's a car guy like us.   Cost me $225 a year for my ' 68 and was about the same last year for my ' 55 I had at the time.  Very low deductable ( if any)   My regular insurance company that I am feeding about $100,000 a year in company and personal business through was $1,000 with a $1,000 deductable.

Scott Somers

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2004 10:46 PM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Insurance - Haggerty Texas

Wow. I'm in Texas and I've had Hagarty for years and have always gotten it direct from them. Maybe the law changed or something. Lot's has changed in recent years here so maybe I'm grandfathered in. Anyone else in Texas have that experience? Marlon.

rick schaefer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

D.R.
When I called Haggerty for insurance, they told me that I had to go thru a Texas agent, Texas law. They gave me the agency phone # in Garland. Cost was a bit higher than other states and probably some commission was tacked on too.
rick
-- "D.R. Jones" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
I value both of my cars at $20,000 each and they both are modified.
Texas is also one of the highest states for insurance costs. American
Collector wanted $865 for both. Guess I can drop the value down and
reduce the rate and go with J.C. Taylor. Thanks for the input.

D.R. Jones