Guys, I do restoration work as a profession. On average, a complete restoration will require between four hundred and five hundred hours. I can generally do a car in six months. Five thousand is cheap for a complete car such as this one.(if it is complete except for trannie and the body is solid) Unless you are planning on showing the car in AACA national events the trans is no problem. People are way too hung up on "numbers matching". A nicely done 69 SS 396 will bring over 20,000 even after you drive it for a few years. Put more value on Smiles per Miles and less on the trans is not the one that came in the car.
Just my opinion.
Mike Holleman
----- Original Message -----
From: suprsprt72
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2004 4:50 PM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] 1969 Chevelle SS for sale

I agree Bob and if you take those hundreds of hours and put a price to it cause in my book  time is money, lets see, 10 thou for resto, 5 thou for the car, lets go with a cheap rate of 28 $$ an hour, times ah 110 hours, that equals 3080.00 total for the hours, when all said an done 18,80.000,  well seems alot for a 69SS unless it was the 300 model i guess and with the Yenko Option.  Ken.  better smoke another one  lol