Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2004 6:21 PM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] my flywheel is missing some teeth

Dan , if it does stop on the bad spot, you will need to turn the motor
over to get it to a good spot.  Not very easy to do unless you happen
to have a breaker bar & socket for the crank bolt.   You really need
to get it fixed.

  A flexplate for an auto tranny is cheap.  If its a fly wheel, a shop
can remove the old tooth band (?) and install a new one.  The teeth
are on a band that is heated and placed over the flywheel.  As it
cools it contracts to flywheel size.  Never done it myself, but some
people do the change at home.