I get Chevelle World (ACES) for the specific content and Popular Hot Rodding for the more general articles. I also get several other interest / hobby magazines. I dropped Hot Rod a couple of years ago after subscribing since the '60's. I got tired of their continual smart aleck responses to subscribers who wrote in with suggestions. They seemed to have the attitude that they knew everything there was to know about cars, and if you were from someplace other than S. California and had another opinion, you were just some hick from Hooterville. Then I got really ticked when they decided I had a delinquent account when I didn't renew, and turned it over to a collection agency! A few copies of letters I had sent Hot Rod got me off the hook, but I will never buy another copy.

Last week we put a friend's '67 SS & our two '66 SS's under car covers out in my garage for the winter. There's some ice on our lake every morning now. I guess the magazines will have to hold me till Spring!

Jim    central WI

----- Original Message -----
From: Herb Lumpp
Sent: Monday, November 15, 2004 8:51 PM
Subject: RE: [Chevelle-list] Magazines

Hi Tom,

I guess you can call me a magazine junkie - I subscribe to just about all of them!  My reasoning is simple.  A subscription is so cheap, it doesn't make sense to buy them at the newstand when a single issue costs $3.99 or more compared to a typical subscription cost of $9.99 to $15.99 or so.  For about $100 a year I get Hot Rod, Car Craft, Chevy High Performance, Super Chevy, Popular Hot Rodding, Sport Bike, and Chevelle World, which by the way is the most expensive one of the bunch.

Herb Lumpp
http://users.adelphia.net/~hlump/index.htm