Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2004 2:01 PM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] ps hose "bleeding" through... ?

At 09:59 AM 12/14/2004, you wrote:
On my '68 BB which has the remote reservoir for the power steering fluid (mounted on the radiator support) - there is a hose which connects the reservoir to the pump mounted on the engine. The fluid appears to be "bleeding/weeping" through the pores in the rubber. It was a brand new GM hose part #01485552 gr. 8.846 . The hose has been installed maybe 8 months (?), but has been slowly bleeding the last 2 months or so. I wiped the hose off about a week ago, and now there is enough fluid seeping through to cause it to drip a small puddle on the inner fender well. The fluid I used is made by REDLINE, it is a synthetic power steering fluid.

Has anyone seen anything like this before ?

I have :-) I've been through three hoses in two years. The last one I got from Ground Up in January & it's still not leaking. The one I got from OPG and one from Auto Zoo started oozing within two months.

BL