The trunk pan drops off on the right and left sides behind the rear wheels and
the bottom edge of the drop off panel is welded to the rear quarter panel.  On
my 70 Nova, water leaking from the back window sat in this little trough and
rusted thru the drop off panel, the rear quarter and the inner and outter
wheelhouse.  The only way I got to it was to cut out the lower portion of the
rear quarter panel between the rear wheel and bumper.  I replaced it along with
the making patches for the wheelhouses then I installed a rear quarter patch
panel.  My first experience at doing this and turned out pretty good but took
me A LONG TIME due to inexperience.
Bob Haggard
Eatonton, Ga