From: Dale
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2005 10:04 AM
Subject: [Chevelle-list] 911 flag on eBay

Anybody seen this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39646&item=3962513751&rd=1

Don’t get me wrong, I have sympathy for the seller’s bout with cancer, but there seems to be questions about (1) The ‘authenticity’ of the flag itself. The seller refused to return the ‘letter of authenticity’ to the writer who was rebuked by the construction company for writing it on a company letterhead.  (2) The legality of selling debris from a crime scene.

This flag was flying atop a civilian contractor’s construction crane, not the Pentagon, so it may be considered private property of the construction company, but even so it was removed from a crime scene.

Since he's turned down offers of $100,000 it'll be interesting to see if/when the auction goes through and doesn't reach that price if it'll be pulled.

Interesting article at http://www.voicesofsept11.org/news/030605.htm

Dale McIntosh

67 El Camino

1967 Chevelle Facts CD in progress