Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 3:32 PM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Refurbishing Steering Wheels

i've redone a couple (on f*rds) and used vinyl paint, you can find it at your local auto parts, hardware store, or even walmart. just make sure you clean it with acryliclean (prepsall is waht i've known it as) it removes wax greas etc. i used 3 coats with a light sanding before and after the two first coats and a coat of clear after, turns out great.
Bill Bradley
67 Malibu
Edmond Oklahoma

Krister Meister <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I have been looking for a factory steering wheel for my '66 SS and lost a
bidding war to the last second last night on a fairly decent black one. My
interior is black and wondering if anyone has had a steering wheel
refurbished to a color matching their interior? Can a light blue one be
easily redone to black with lasting results? Any input whether you
refurbished yourself or sent it out would be appreciated.

Also if anyone has a '66 steering wheel available let me know. '66 only
had 2 steering wheels - a wood wheel option and the standard wheel which
went in Malibu's and SS's alike.

Thanks,

Krister Meister
Bloomingdale, IL