Date: 04/24/05 06:48:07
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] whats a Z16 chevelle

The Z16 Chevelle is the grand daddy of the great SS396 Chevelle. It was built at a time when the GTO was selling beyond anyone's expectations of the purchasing power of the young (or young feeling) American car buyer looking for high performance in a sporty package. Buying on credit was also had something to do with it and Musclecars, or as they were called in the 1960s, Supercars were hot selling items and by the late 60's all the manufactures jumped on the band wagon.