My users of 59registry.com actually WANTED their email
addresses posted, so people could come to them with
questions regarding that person's car, or maybe for
how to get info or tips on how to work on their own.

Updating the email addresses has been cake- They send
me the updated address and I update it..   8^]

As far as theft and fraud goes, my site has been up
for 2 years and there have been ZERO issues.  As a
matter of fact, if anyone's car ever was stolen, what
better way to verify the original owner!

I wondered about all of the same things that you guys
are worrying now about 2 years ago when I started it.
As long as you monitor what's coming in on the site,
you're good to go.  And as far as switching VIN plates
go, one call to your local police station clears that
up..  They can search locally AND nationally for
reportedly stolen VINs.  Just my 2 cents..

Jim
'66 Malibu
'59 Corvette