Yes, rotating the distributor body clockwise retards the timing, but that means that rotating the shaft clockwise does the opposite. Itâs all relative.

John Nasta

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, May 01, 2005 8:36 PM
To: Chevelle-list@chevelles.net
Subject: Fwd: [Chevelle-list] vacuum advance hits manifold

Rotating the distributor clockwise retards the timing and rotating if counterclockwise gives you more initial advance. It may be that you need more octane. What compression are you running? Too much advance leads to detonation (pinging). I have also heard that running the wrong heat range of plugs will cause detonation.