> From: Michael Pell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: 2005/05/09 Mon PM 06:07:48 EDT
> Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] BELLHOUSING
>No, the truck bell won't work directly.  You'll for sure >need an adapter ring.

What's bigger?
The big hole that front of tranny fits into?
When we say truck are we talking bigger than pickups?
Thanks

Pete Geurds
Douglassville, PA
No, the truck bell won't work directly.  You'll for sure need an adapter ring.
Here's some more info:
http://www.5speedTransmissions.com/techref.html

See item #30, and notice the 2 links.

McLeod does sell and adapter ring, but your bearing retainer will require some machining to create a stepped edge to hold it in place.

Mike

--

  I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
  and die to find out there isn't, Than live my

  Check out my webpage at http://www.ProStreetCar.com
  TREMEC Distributor at http://www.5speedTransmissions.com
  Team Chevelle member #1778 (Gold),  ACES member #1377
  Hoosier State Chevelle Assoc (http://www.IndianaChevelles.com) #6

James Colgan wrote:
Does anyone know if a truck bellhousing cast # 6263756 will work in a 72 chevelle with a Muncie ? I have a 14" flywheel with an 11" clutch and the #621's are hard to come by for reasonable $$. thanks for any help. Jimmy.C

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.11.6 - Release Date: 5/6/2005
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.